What are personal data?
The term “personal data” refers to natural person’s information, such as, but not limited to, name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc. that identify or identify your identity, hereinafter “Personal Data or Data”.
What is the Processing of Personal Data?
Any transaction or set of operations carried out with or without the use of automated means of personal data or personal data sets, such as collection, registration, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, recovery , search for information, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of disposal, association or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
What data do you collect?
We ensure that we collect only data that is strictly necessary to serve the purpose for which it was given and used solely for the purposes for which it was collected. Except for any Data collected by Cookies (see more Cookies Policy here), Data is limited to what you have provided explicitly for a specific purpose and provided you have given your consent. We also collect Data upon your visit to our site and, if you have consented to this, a consent which is presumed by completing the respective fields.
Identity data such as name, surname, father’s name, date of birth, driving license, ID number, ID number
Product communications / shipping data, such as postal address, e-mail, telephone number.
Payment details such as credit / debit card number, PayPal, bank account number.
Identification information, such as username, IP address
How do we use your Data?
The processing of your Data is carried out either by our Company’s authorized personnel, or through computer systems and electronic devices by our Company and exceptionally by third parties, who are contractually bound to our Company for confidentiality and protect your Data, process it solely for the purposes for which we have been provided.
In general, your Data is being processed in order to provide you with the following services:
- Bidding: The Company processes your Data to bid for short or long-term car hire.
- Car Hire: The Company processes your Data in order to fulfill its contractual relationship with you, such as hiring cars, providing service (such as maintenance, bodywork, repair, vehicle replacement, etc.), complying with legal obligations, refusing to raise or enforce legal requirements.
- Compliance with applicable law: The Company processes your Data in order to be able to meet its legal obligations, in particular related to compliance with Tax and Insurance legislation or vehicle insurance coverage deriving from an active insurance contract.
- Creating a User Account: The Company processes your Data in order to provide you account functions and to facilitate the conclusion of a lease or purchase of products and / or services.
- Newsletter: The Company offers you the option to choose, if you wish, to be informed at your e-mail address about promotional / promotional activities of the Company (eg for new products and / or services available on the market , any offers, operation of new car rental stations, tourist offices, etc.)
- Site Information Services: The Company provides information services to its customers.
- Privileges Programs for Customers: Through these programs, the Company offers a number of benefits to its customers, including, for example, service priority at rental stations, more advantageous locations in the Company’s car parks, discount coupons, promotions etc.
- Contact Us: The Company uses your Data to respond to requests / queries you submit indicatively through Contact Center and Communication Forms.
- Participating in online promotions / contests: The Company processes data you fill in to participate in a competition, if you agree to run competitions, notify you if you are the winner of the contest and deliver your gift.
- Participation in on-line market surveys / questionnaires: The Company processes data you fill in for on-line surveys, for example demographics (age, income, etc.). You can enter all the information or nothing at your option. The results of the surveys will only be used to improve the features of our site, your evaluation, and then the improvement of the services provided to you and for no other purpose.
For what purpose do we process your Data?
We collect your Data for the purposes of the products and / or services provided, indicatively for:
(a) the evaluation of your request for the submission of a tender and for the conclusion of the lease.
b) managing the rental of your chosen car, e.g. communication and information on the availability, performance of the contract, the provision of maintenance, bodywork, repair, replacement, vehicle picking etc, the sending of the necessary documents for any products you have purchased or the services you have provided, the management of the your debts to the Company, making refunds.
c) compliance with the obligations imposed by the applicable legislation, eg. workers’ tax and insurance legislation.
d) controlling, improving and adapting to your preferences and choices regarding our products and / or services,
e) sending, by e-mail, information on products and / or services of the Company,
f) to research our customers’ satisfaction, to promote our products / services, to send newsletters for our products and / or services,
g) the evaluation of applications and resumes for the probability of recruitment to our Company,
h) communication between us in the event of a competition.
What is the legal basis for processing your Data from the Company?
Your Data is processed in accordance with:
(a) the terms of our contractual relationship, b) your consent, where appropriate, c) the Company’s obligations arising from the law (eg tax, labor, insurance, etc.) interest of our Company.
Who are the recipients of your Data?
Sevencarrentals guarantees that it will not transmit, notify, concede, etc. of your Data to third parties (other than those mentioned herein) for any purpose or use unless this is made mandatory by applicable law or is required by public / judicial bodies / authorities.
Access to Your Data has the absolutely necessary staff of the Company, which is committed to confidentiality, and our affiliated companies that process your Data as a Joint Processors or as Processors on our behalf and in accordance with the instructions us.
Indicatively, recipients of your Data are:
1) The company that has undertaken the support of the accounting department of our Company.
2) The insurance companies co-operating with our Company.
3) The partners of our brands and systems cooperate with our Company.
4) Cooperating travel agencies in relation to the rental of cars.
5) Airlines with which we work together to ensure even more privileges for you to rent a car.
6) The companies that cooperate with our company provide repair, car body, maintenance of vehicles that have been leased to our customers.
7) Companies of Chartered Accountants who control our Company’s financial statements.
8) Associated companies to provide roadside assistance to drivers using our Company’s vehicles.
How do we ensure that Executives & Executives respect your Data?
The Processors on our behalf have agreed and contractually contracted with the Company:
(a) to maintain confidentiality,
b) not to send your Data to third parties without the permission of the Company,
(c) take appropriate security measures,
(d) comply with the legal framework for the protection of personal data, in particular Regulation 679/2016 / EU (otherwise GDPR).
The Executives may, in the performance of their duties, employ other persons who are called Subcontractors. In this case, the controller should have given the authority to handle the data in whole or in part. The consequence of this is that the underwriter has the same obligations and rights as the Performer, as discussed in this Policy and always within the scope of his assigned responsibilities, and to jointly assume responsibility with the Performer.
Do We Send Your Data Out of the EU?
Sevencarrentals does not send data outside of the EU
When do we delete your Data?
We retain your Data only for as long as it is required to fulfill the purpose for which you have communicated your data to us and in compliance with the applicable laws.
Your consent to a newsletter is kept for as long as you receive a newsletter from the Company unless you choose to stop sending it.
Data processed during your bidding and / or market research will be retained for as long as it is required to complete the contest or research and then deleted.
The policy we follow for the Data collected by Cookies is described (here, see more Policy Cookies).
Is Your Data Safe?
Sevencarrentals is committed to preserving your Data.
Recognizing the importance of the security of your Personal Data, we have taken all appropriate organizational and technical measures that continually improve on the basis of technological developments for the sole purpose of protecting and protecting your Data from any form of accidental or fraudulent processing.
Additionally, the data used to identify you as an account user is two: your email address and the Personal Password. Each time you enter your details, you are given access to your personal account. This process is securely secured by encryption when transferred to the Internet and the servers of the Company. By the same standards, you are given the ability to change your Personal Security Password as often as you wish. After entering the desired code, the new code is encoded and stored in the Company’s systems. For this reason, the only person who knows your code is yourself and you are solely responsible for keeping the password secret from third parties.
These measures shall be reviewed and amended as necessary.
What are your rights?
You have the right to access your personal data.
This means that you have the right to be informed by us if we process your Data. If we process your Data, you can ask to be informed about the purpose of the processing, the type of Data you observe, who we give it, how long we store it, whether it is automated decision making, but also about your other rights, such as correction, deletion of Data, limitation of processing and filing a complaint to the Data Protection Authority.
You have the right to correct inaccurate Personal Data.
If you find that there is an error in your Data you can apply to correct it (eg name correction or update change).
You have the right to delete / the right to oblivion.
You may ask us to delete your Data if it is no longer necessary for the above mentioned processing purposes or you wish to withdraw your consent if this is the only legal basis.
You have the right to transfer your Data.
You may ask us to receive in a readable form the Data you have provided or ask us to forward it to another controller.
You have the right to restrict the processing.
You may ask us to restrict the processing of your Data for as long as your processing objections are pending.
You have the right to object and withdraw consent to the processing of your Data.
You may oppose the processing of your Data and we will stop processing your Data unless there are other compelling and legitimate reasons that prevail over your right. If you have consented to the collection, processing and use of your personal data, you may revoke your consent at any time with future effect.
How can you exercise your rights?
In order to exercise your rights you can submit a request to us at your email address (email@example.com) entitled “Exercise of Rights” and we will take care to look at it and respond as soon as possible.
if you wish to correct your Data in your user account, you can log in to it and make any corrections / changes without requiring a Request.
if you wish to withdraw your consent to submit a newsletter, you can do so by selecting the link “To delete from the newsletter list click here” link at the bottom of each newsletter.
When do we respond to your Requests?
We reply to your Requests for free without delay, and in any case within (1) one month after we receive your request. However, if your request is complex or there are a large number of your requests, we will notify you within one month if we need to take another two (2) months extension within which we will respond to you.
If your Claims are manifestly unfounded or excessive due in particular to their recurring nature, the Company may impose a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs of providing information or executing the requested action, or refusing to respond to Request .
Where can you address the evolution of your requests?
For information on the evolution of your Request you can call 6972 505787 or email sevencarrentals @ yahoo.com
Do we use automated decision making / including profile training when processing your Data?
What is the applicable law when processing your Data from us?
Applicable law is Greek law as formulated in accordance with the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data 2016/679 / EU and in general the current national and European legislative and regulatory framework for the protection of personal data.
Competent Courts for any emerging disputes relating to Your Data are the competent Courts of Athens. Exceptionally, if any dispute that arises is of the jurisdiction of the County Court, then they may bring their dispute to either the Athens Court of Appeal or the Chalandri Court of Justice.
Where can you appeal if we violate applicable law to protect your Personal Data?
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Personal Data Protection Authority (post office Kifisias 1-3, PC 115 23, Athens, tel. 210 6475600, e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org ) if you believe that processing of your Personal Data violates the applicable national and regulatory framework for the protection of personal data.
How will you be informed about any changes to this Policy?
We update this Policy whenever necessary. If there are any significant changes to the Policy or the way we use your Personal Data, we will post on our site the update of this Agreement and we will notify you in every appropriate manner.
We encourage you to read this Policy at regular intervals to know how your Data is protected.